Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday is an annual holiday celebrating small businesses and encouraging consumers to shop locally at the start of the holiday shopping season. This year, Small Business Saturday is November 25th. Small businesses are the heartbeat of our community, and the City of Early would like to thank you for supporting us by helping you advertise your business. This year the Early Municipal Development District is launching Shop Small, Shop Early, Win Big campaign. Each shopper who shops at the Early participating business on Small Business Saturday will get a ticket for each $25 they spend for a chance to get in the cash cube on Tuesday, November 28th, at the Lighting of the Christmas Tree.
HOW TO ENTER:
For every $25 spent on Small Business Saturday, November 25, 2023, at a participating business (Humphrey Pete's Restaurant, K Leshae's Florist & Gift Boutique, Legacy I. T., Los Trece, TX Skies Over Texas Winery, The UPS Store) your name will go into the drawing for a chance to participate in the "Cash Cube".
Up to ten (10) winners have the chance to participate. Winners may only participate once, even if their name is drawn more than once. The Prize consists of the opportunity to grab up to $800 in Early Bucks'. Early Bucks may be redeemed at 111 Creative Nutrition, Double H Mercantile, Humphrey Pete's Restaurant, Jerry's Burger & Shakes, K Leshae's Florist & Gift Boutique, Legacy I. T., Los Trece, TX Skies Over Texas Winery, and The UPS Store. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Small Business Saturday Shopping Event.
A City of Early representative will select potential winners in random drawings from all eligible entries on Monday, November 27, 2023. Winners must be able to be present on November 28 @ 6:30pm to be eligible. Winners will be contacted via phone on Monday, November 27, 2023. Winners must attend the City of Early's Lighting of Christmas Tree event to participate in the Cash Cube. Each winner must bring someone to catch their money from the cash slot. The City of Early will make its best reasonable effort to contact all winners. Any potential prize winner who does not respond to prize notification attempts will be found to be ineligible or cannot attend on November 28, 2023; such potential prize winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
Rules & Regulations:
1. "Grab for Cash" rounds are two (2) 17-second draws, allowing contestants to grab as much money from the air as possible before time expires.
2. After entering the "Cash Cube," contestants must stand upright and cannot bend at the waist or knees to pick up cash from the floor.
3. Participants must grab cash from the air, which cannot be trapped on the sides of the "Cash Cube." Cash must slide through the cash slot. No holding the money.
4. If necessary, contestants may use their feet to "kick up" cash that may accumulate in the bottom corners of the "Cash Cube" and cause the money to blow up toward them.
5. Contestants will be directed to exit "Cash Cube" after time expires.
The contestant must be in good physical condition to participate.
6. Participants must bring someone to catch the money they pull from the cash slot.
7. Once participants' two (2) 17-second draws are up, they will exit the "Cash Cube" and present their winnings to the City of Early employee at the Winner's Table, where winnings will be exchanged for "Early Bucks’"
**Persons with back, neck, knee, or joint injury, respiratory problems, or who may be pregnant should not participate. If you are currently under medical care, please consult your physician before participating in this event.**