Outreach Services Provided by the ARK
The ARK provides services to all victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault regardless of age (minor must be accompanied by guardian), race, religion, economic status or sexual orientation.
- No fees or charges for any services provided by the ARK
- 24 hour crisis line monitored and the shelter is open on a 24 hour basis for all emergency help and shelter needs
- Safety planning training
- Legal advocacy including writing protective orders
- Sexual assault advocacy
- Support groups
- Assistance for clients to help them file for Texas Crime Victims Compensation
- Assistance in both short and long term planning
- Collaboration with other agencies for job skills assistance and job placement
- Collaboration with the Housing Authority and referrals to other community agencies
- Assistance with other agencies for drug/alcohol issues.